Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yard Work

It's not like I do any but it makes me mental!! The thing is it's my husbands all-time favorite, back-breaking, labor-intensive, muscle-pulling pass time. So the minuscule time he is at home and can take care of the kids in any way he's got a long long list of things to do in the yard.I mean I definitely enjoy a lush green lawn but hey am still stuck with my diaper-changing, baby feeding, behavior-managing duties. I just want to do something other than what I do 24 hours of the day. And after he's done he's pulled at least a muscle to have a genuine reason to plop on the couch and be served painkillers and food. I told him well how about I do all the yard work instead, he thought I was being funny. I mean it would just tank his reputation in front of the neighbors. So now it's just become yet another thing the wife nags him about. Darn this nagging tag that we poor women have to deal with...i swear husbands nag the same its just called 'reasoning' when they do it. I think if I can somehow manage to get involved in the work I'll be very happy. I do enjoy the yard work if he lets me touch it, I just don't wanna end up running after the kids. I think when he says 'honey will you watch the kids while I do this' makes me loose my head because i'm thinking 'what the hell do you think I was doing with the rest of my time'. I guess it's sort of their escape, like golfing, but you have to teach them the concept that we need time off too. Being a stay-at-home-mom does not automatically mean break-time 24/7. I guess I need to go shopping more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment