Saturday, March 13, 2010

First Park Day

It was the first nice day of spring and who wants to stay home right. Lo and behold a plan for a trip to the park was made thinking what a good idea. For some reason completely being oblivious to the fact that it might be everyone's idea. Let me tell you the darn park was so crammed that I had to park on the street. It was like people had been put off of of house arrest or something. Anyone who was anyone was there at this teeny little park having lunches and mommy play groups and what not. Tough winter is all I can say. The awkward thing though is that you make small talk with every mom you stand with while giving your child a push on the swing, or trying to keep them from going up the slide instead of down, during all this time you know how many kids they have, how old they are, what they do for a living, how their husbands are and then not even know their name.Then all of a sudden you go well Bye, see you again sometime (maybe). Is it just me who feels weird because i'm always thinking should I have given my phone number, she seemed so nice, should've atleast told my name etc etc. Anyone with a better send-off edition please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment