Saturday, March 20, 2010

Why God should give mom's a pass on the Flu

Here's the thing when moms get sick.....nobody cares. That just about rounds it out. You could have 103F fever, chicken pox and a stomach bug altogether and still no one will get you a glass of water and a cup of soup. Except you will hear Mommy!!! where's my milk, honey where are my socks and the baby throwing food at you instead of eating and dirtying 5 diapers instead of 3. I swear if only, only if, however many ways  you can say it, can we Phulease get a day off. Try throwing the day-off idea to the husband and he'll look at you like you've asked him to give birth. I know I complain alot but whats a blog for. One of my aunts once told me pre-kids that the only people who will ever genuinely ask you how you are doing are your own parents. Those are the only two people who would ask if you feel better, if they could come over and feel bad for you. I think it's what she told me that keeps me from going loco on Mr.Z and the kids. This darned Flu that i've had the past few days has tested my limits of patience and my driving skills. Try driving with a migraine and two screaming kids and i'll ask you how far you get. Well you'll make it home from the grocery store but don't try to do more. Here's to taking care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment