Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flopsicles

Okay so has anyone ever tried making Popsicles with a 2 or 3 year old. Well this dude Zefronk (mom's who watch Playhouse Disney know who i'm talking about) let me on to it. So I decide why not, sounds like fun and my kiddo loves them so much she can go through at least four in five minutes. So I set up the table and bring out this popsicle holder thing with colorful sticks and things, my new carton of orange juice, a new paper towel roll and a spongy sponge. So we started pouring juice in the little sections and sticking the sticks in. The darn thing took about more than half the orange juice carton. Then my daughter thought that dipping the sticks in and out in and out in and out and licking them was just toooo much fun and ooo soo yummy. So we did that for about 30 minutes and i think dumped about a cup of juice here and there. Anyways, after a fight and some resistance I talked and bribed her into putting the thing in the freezer and explained to the best of my abilities how this juice will turn into a Popsicle stick which will be the awesomest thing in the world. Well she bought into the whole deal and I had to pull and push to close the freezer door. Now about 20 seconds later she's like mommy are they done yet? I'm like no girly you have to wait, I swear if she could talk better she would've said...what the hell does 'waiting' mean. So I tried to explain the concept of time and space and how the hands of the clock go one way and what the numbers represent (woooff). well 10 seconds after I was done she said, mommy are they ready yet? I was about to pull my hair off,not really but you know if mom's pulled their hair out everytime something like this happened we will be bald by the time the babies are 3 months old. Well I was like lets play this that and the other she agreed. After 2 minutes she comes and says so mommy can I have ice cream instead...I was like ohhkay so as soon as I open the fridge she crawls from under me and pulls out the popsicle tray...sneaky sneaky kid. One more cup of juice on the floor and in the freezer. At that point I just took it out and let her lick the sticks till the juice was done. So ladies and gentlemen I suggest this...unless your kid knows what "waiting" and "freezing" means do not attempt to make popsicles. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment