Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Monster Roar


Have you ever noticed a kind of spooky, scary, hair-in-your-neck standing, pee-in-your-pants voice come out of yourself. I hadn't till I became a mom. Oh dear Lord I think first time I heard it come out of me I jumped myself. I love my kids to death and I have quite a bit of patience mind you and I can stand fussing for a while but there comes a time when you are on the edge and cannot take it anymore and they just keep on going, pushing you and pushing you. I swear they just don't hear the sweet, kind sounds that come from you when you're telling them, that's enough now, cut it out, time-out ring a bell?, but then there comes this ROAR!! and all of a sudden things are quiet and you have their attention. Lo and behold mission accomplished. But that roar is something like an outer body experience because you don't know yourself that you had it in you. I think every mom has it, I remember when I was a kid I knew it by the tone in my mothers voice when fun time was over and I would be better off crawling under my bed. I think it's border line hilarious, creepy and sad at the same time but people sometimes its the only thing that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment