Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How old am I?

Okay so lets see....trust me when I say, this was not THAT long ago...what I remember from my childhood is playing hide-and-go-seek, tag, patti-cake(i'm a girl, its allowed), video games: hand-held was a 2 inch black and white screen with a single built-in game and computer interfacing games were on a system called 'Attari' I swear i'm not making it up...the games used to take 20 minutes to load and it had this cassette player you had to insert a cassette in for each individual game. Other than that VCR's were used not DVD players....cd's and dvd's came in the picture right infront of me. Then came the internet and E-mails...how cool was that. Took about an hour for dial-up to connect and 15 minutes to send the mail after hitting the 'SEND' button. What's next..oh yeah the invention of Wi-Fi, laptops and the whole Shabbang!!!..no wires no nothing...WHAO!! Oh yeah TV's that hang on the wall...I remember people going and looking at their back sides with disbelief comparing them to the gigantic giants that weighed about a ton Atleast that they had at home (still talking about televisions people...keep your heads in the right context). I mean as i'm writing this it's starting to get more absurd and I think i'm getting a few grey hairs in the process. One of my aunt sometimes says to me, you guys were born in the refrigeration era...and I always used to think big deal...I mean wasn't it the Ice-Age when they didn't have these things in existence ppsshhh. But now I think when my kids grow up i'll be saying to them...you know what when I was young you couldn't rewind Live TV you know...and they'll be like, 'Mom that was like when Dinosaurs roamed the Earth'. God how fast is the world moving. Okay here's another one, who remembers watching 'The Jetsons' and thinking that those Video Phones were the coolest things from the future and like that could ever happen, SKYPE anyone???? aaaaaaaaahhhh I feel about 150 years old right now. This is becoming ridiculous I think I should stop writing...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment