Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Deep Blue

No no not the movie or the actual thing but the thing inside a building. Yes people we took the kids to the Aquarium. Well technically kid because the 10 month old was just along for the ride. She's such a glory seeker I swear, the older one was ranting fishys fishys while this little thing was trying to get attention from whoever happened to lay eyes on her. One lady who was pushing a stroller herself started looking at miss Z and she smiled first then waved her hand, the lady was so aw struck that she pushed her own kid in to a wall. The husband came running told her to pay attention, poor guy probably thinking ''women can never be too satisfied with anything". Anyways as my older one laid eyes on her first fishy tank with all it's glory waterfall and all and she started to do the ugly cry. I mean come on! I don't know I guess she was kind of under the illusion that we were joking or the fish would be plastic, no idea sometimes even if she likes something too much she starts crying, confusing to some but that how it goes in her world. Well by the fourth tank I think she got the idea and started enjoying the whole process. If you ask me man marine life kind of freaks me out. I have a phobia of the deep sea anyways, I hate any kind of boating, open blue water, or water body's I cannot see the bottom of. If anybody ever told  me that jellyfishes and octopus are creatures from another planet I would so believe them. Any land animal doesn't look as foreign as these sea creatures. Well anyways we went from fish to penguins to seals to hippos was quite the journey for her. I think the only thing she actually hated were those stinking mascots. I don't know about you but they 'Freak Me Out' and they freaked her out too. There was this one dressed up as a Hippo and when he walked it sounded like he was wearing stilettos. Every time he came around you could tell he's coming from a mile away and she would jump on me 10 minutes before his entrance, ugh! only if I could just push him over or something. Anyways as all trips end we dragged our kids to the car, one crying 'more fishys more fishys' even after four hours and then falling asleep in 20 seconds after sitting in her car seat. Pooped and pooped we drove back home, all in all a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment